My son is 18 months and he only has 7 teeth. Is this normal?

Favorite Answer

Completely normal! My daughter is almost 17 months and has no teeth at all. I spoke with our dentist and he said it is very common especially since I didnt get my first tooth until I was 16 months. He also said I shouldnt be too concerned unless she turns 24 months and still has no teeth. At that point I should contact her pediatrician.

This is very normal, all kids get their teeth at different times, my daughter is also 18 months and almost has a mouth full, but my niece is 12 and has 5..so it just different stages, you can always ask your ped about it...

yes, it is normal. Heredity plays the biggest role in children whos teeth develop late or early. I didnt have my first tooth until 14 months.......well, the same thing happened to two of my kids. (I have 4) The dentist said they will take after one parent or the other.

• manda

it's normal. they get a total of 20 teeth. my daughter is 23 months and has all but her two year molars

yes its fine all kids develop things a different times don't worry

yeah

yup!