Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Should all US taxpayers fund the fleeing of US citizens from Lebanon? Or should they pay for themselves?

Were any US citizens currently in Lebanon forced to go there against their will?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think they should cover the costs themselves not the tax payer. Noone said you had to lilve abroad and that your homeland has to cover your expenses for the risks you incur while living elsewhere in the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no they are probably there visiting their in laws or family or friens like 80 percent of the people i know..my husband is lebanese and tons of ppl we know go there every summer.....this is something un expected ppl have paid for their vacation and now have to leave its an added un predicted expense ....would u wanna be stuck there? say they looked at you and said we need 200 dollars now or u cant go back home..and u dont have it how would u feel? they shud atleast help ppl for the time being like a loan or something until they get settled back home and find the means to re-pay it..this is a time of crisis and unstability.....many people had probably saved for this occassion and were greatly looking forward to it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm an american-lebanese citizen still in Lebanon.

YOU PAY.

You pay 2000 USD just to get to cyprus, and from there us till have to pay for the ticket to the US urslef.

Was this helpfull?

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

They should pay their own way back, they knew well in advance what was happening, but they stayed anyway. Hell, why would anybody want to leave the US now anyway for. Americans is on everybody's hit list.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I was thinking the same thing. The people they have spent millions to get to Cyprus then complained about accommodations they were given. How ungratefull can they be?

• 1 decade ago

they already announced that the fare will be paid by the government and no citizen would have to pay. and no one was taken against their will.

• jeff s
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

we pay it, we paid through the nose to get new orleans people out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no but they are american citizens and their safety comes as top priority in the UNITED STATES!!!

• Chris
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They should pay for themselves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.