Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

need an opinion....bout gay people?

are for or against gay marriage?

and plz say why

if you say no, and yet you allow them to date, then y not marriage? they are together with or without the papers, so y bother?

they are people with rights just like us, and are no different.

so do you or dont you think it should be allowed.

Favorite Answer

I'm all for gay marriage. As to why- in this great nation of ours, we are allowed to make choices. It's called democracy. I think that if two gay people want to get married, it should be their right. Who am I to say what other people do in their lives. I would'nt want someone telling me what to do in my life. I think they have the same right as anyone else in this nation. I think what it boils down to is the fact that other people can't keep their nose out of other peoples business. I don't think that's right. Everybody is entitled to their rights and beliefs, but some people try to push their beliefs and opinions down other peoples throats. But, if you ask these other people to have the same thing done to them, they get upset. If you have personal beliefs that don't justify gay marriage, then keep your beliefs to yourself. Not everybody in this world is going to abide by your beliefs. If people can't understand why gay people want to get married, then maybe they should keep their noses out of it. There are more important things in this world than the pettiness of these people, and you know who you are. My blessing goes out to all the people in this world that are willing to stand up for their rights. I think we need more people like that. All too often, people like to sit on the sidelines, instead of creating waves. Did you ever think what this world would be like if everybody thought the same way and no one tried to break away from the norm? Stand up and shout and let your opinions be heard.

Source(s): personal opinion

I think gay marriage should be allowed because it is love between two individuals, no different than a man and a woman. There is no logical reason to exclude them from the ceremonies. I understand why some people oppose to calling it "marriage"...but why can't they call it Civil Union or something and allow them the same rights?

If you were with someone for 50 years as a gay couple, and your partner got sick and was in the hospital...they wouldn't let you in to see him because you aren't "family".....that'd absurd. They should have the same rights that a married couple would have.

I think it's a larger issue and not black and white. Ultimately, there are benefits given to married couples like tax breaks and the ability to add them to your health insurance, not to mention the ability to make decisions on your partners behalf if they are incapacitated in a hospital, that are not given to gays or straight couples that choose not to marry.

I think this problem requires more separation of church and state. It is understandable that "marriage" is considered a religious concept, but there should be another option for those couples that are gay or not religious that would be recognized by society and government.

I believe, of course, that any people that feel committed to each other should be allowed to live their lives as they feel is right. In fact, I think it's something that is guaranteed to all Americans.

The issue of gay rights is more religious than political and since every president we have ever had has been a religious devout it is hard to stray away from your beliefs. Personally (even though I am Catholic) I believe what you do in your home is your own business and noone should be allowed to tell you who you should be allowed to be married to..

Hey

I am for anyone that wants to be in a committed relationship, since it isn't traditional though we should think of something else fabulous to call it,

my family has been acquainted with a gay couple that has been married longer than any straight couple we know, scary huh? but who is to say GOD doesn't love them? Get married, have kids and just be happy!

NO. I also am against them dating. I do not hate them and would never be rude or mean to any gay person, but I just feel that it's not natural. There are lots of other things that I feel are wrong such as adultery, stealing, being abusive, etc and I don't try to sugar coat those things knowing that they are wrong, why do people try to sugar coat gays dating and marrying. Wrong is wrong, whether they want to own up to it or not.

i'm gay, and that i won't be able to stand female gay adult adult males. and that i'm truly no longer prepared on bypass-dressing gay adult adult males, yet i do not hate them, it is only no longer my determination, - like how some immediately adult adult males favor curvy women, and different alternatives etc.. you're gay, you won't be able to substitute that. And notwithstanding chiché that is; there is someone obtainable for you, probably with a similar reviews even, it isn't any longer the first time i have come for the length of a homophobic gay. Oh, and only for the record, i'm drawn to adult adult males. that would not recommend i opt to sleep with each man or woman good searching guy I see. #StayClassy.

Pro Gay Marriage ! The freedom to spend the rest of your life with one person, the person of your choice and have the SAME spousal rights as anyone else is something that should not be denied to any person based on their sexual orientation.

I think it because very one knows what bible is about... I know that they know what it about and what right and wrong and what to believe and don't believe and with paper or without papers. and So so many things you can see. why is bothering you and asking this question if you already know the answer...

Really it will be like this forever... and it will not be resolved.

if they are happy why not, lets face it today's heterosexual marriages are nothing to write home about. if gay people want to get married and they are committed to each other then say la ve