Why is it that when you tickle yourself, it does not tickle?

Favorite Answer

because you know it's coming and where.. it is the element of suprise that is essential in a tickle :)

• J.D.

Since you're giving AND receiving the tickling you're desensitized to it. It's the anticipation of being tickled by another person that can even get some folks squealing before the first contact.

Because you are used to your own touch and the sensation from it AND you are not surprised at how your own fingers or hands will move when they are trying to tickle you.. In other words, you are expecting it before it happens.

at least know i know someone other than myself has thought the same thing. lol. it's because when you do something to yourself you know it's coming. when someone else does it to you it may not be unexpected but there's still something about it that makes it tickle.

It tickles me!

i don't know but i'm very tickle-ish and for that reason my friends tickle me just to make me go crazy.

It tickles if you stick a toothpick just into your nasal cavity and it catches on the hairs

cause you know that you are tickling yourself,your brain knows, and when someone else does it then your brain has no control

It's a brain thing, similar to this: Externd your right leg and rotate it clockwise in a circle. now make a 6 in the air with your right hand and watch your leg involuntarily change direction.Some involuntary responses you can control, some you cannot.

depends on WHERE u tickle