Why is it that when you tickle yourself, it does not tickle?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

because you know it's coming and where.. it is the element of suprise that is essential in a tickle :)

• J.D.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Since you're giving AND receiving the tickling you're desensitized to it. It's the anticipation of being tickled by another person that can even get some folks squealing before the first contact.

• 1 decade ago

Because you are used to your own touch and the sensation from it AND you are not surprised at how your own fingers or hands will move when they are trying to tickle you.. In other words, you are expecting it before it happens.

• 1 decade ago

at least know i know someone other than myself has thought the same thing. lol. it's because when you do something to yourself you know it's coming. when someone else does it to you it may not be unexpected but there's still something about it that makes it tickle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It tickles me!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't know but i'm very tickle-ish and for that reason my friends tickle me just to make me go crazy.

• 1 decade ago

It tickles if you stick a toothpick just into your nasal cavity and it catches on the hairs

• 1 decade ago

cause you know that you are tickling yourself,your brain knows, and when someone else does it then your brain has no control

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a brain thing, similar to this: Externd your right leg and rotate it clockwise in a circle. now make a 6 in the air with your right hand and watch your leg involuntarily change direction.Some involuntary responses you can control, some you cannot.

• 1 decade ago

depends on WHERE u tickle

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.