A Question To You Muslims Out There?

Muslims are supposed to pray 5 times a day towards Mecca. Each prayer includes a variety of ritualism and posturing. If a muslim astronaut were to land on Mars. Prayer to Mecca would be ritualistically impossible due to the rotation of Earth and Mars. Are Muslims stuck here in Earth?

Favorite Answer

If we can, we have to face the Ka'bah when we pray. But that's not an absolute thing. For instance, if we are on a journey in a train, plane or if we constantly changing directions, we can do our prayers facing anywhere.

I'm a Muslim, but not an expert on the teachings. But I think the same can be applied if we do our prayers in Mars.

Okay I will dispense with my normal serious tone concerning religious discourse because of the nature of this question, and the fact that it is too good an opportunity to pass up.

I would say that a Muslim astronaut would have to rotate his body during prayer constantly, just to play it safe. After all, each full revolution of the body will result in, albeit for a brief moment, you facing the true location of Mecca. Maybe this is how the whirling dervishes got started.

As long as you are doing your prayer with heart and mind, there is no need to face Mecca, if location or position is not known. God accepts it . The sick and bed ridden also cannot miss out on any, and can do it with still laying in bed, and the bed can be facing in any direction.

They can still face Mecca from anywhere in the universe; its no different than being on the other side of the planet. But it doesn't matter, because they will all burn in hell for not accepting Christ as their one true savior. Or so I'm told by my Christian friends.

If one can find the location toward Mecca, it is better. However, if one cannot, their prayer is still accepted if he/she prayed with concentration and good intent.

They seem to be not only stuck on earth, but stuck in the dark ages too. Except when it comes to explosive chemistry. Then they're right up there with us in the 21st...

I can say for one thing God is with Christians everywhere.

"Niether height nor depth, nor anything in all creation, will be able to sepparate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."- Romans 8:39, the Bible

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all cercumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

So we pray everywhere all the time any place for anything in Jesus name.

God will hear us....

I plan to be involved one day on the manned mission to Mars, to bring glory to God I will do whatever I do for Him.

If I ever go, you can be sure I'll be thanking Him for safely for getting my butt there.

No kidding.

Source(s): The Bible.

Even though I'm not a Muslim I don't believe that most of them are killers.

Source(s): Christian man.

nope..

u askin for knowledge though?? i'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

If you cannot find the Qibla (Makkah) than you can face any direction...

We do not face makkah (actually we dont face makkah we face the ka'ba-- that black cuboid)

We do NOT worship the structure for your information...

About jesus...

We beleive in Jesus..and we believe in Muhammad too... :) oh and Moses too.. they are all brothers (in prophethood)

Peace

Have you ever heard of an Islamic space program??