wazup1971 asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why people ask questions here instead of searching in yahoo or google?

Are they lazy or just they don't know how to search. When I was in HS and college, prehistoric era before Internet, you had to learn to look in BOOKS to look for info.

• Blue
    Favorite Answer

I wish I had an answer to this. Many of the questions asked here could be better answered by doing research online or at the local library. And by contacting a professional in the area the question was about.

I prefer to do my own research. Besides, many of the answers one gets on here are uniformed and not trustworthy. They're emotional spoutings of children who don't have enough to do and spend their time sharing their ignorance with the world on yahoo answers.

• Slam64

It's not that people are lazy, it's talking with others who have gone through what ever is being ask and can give feedback that is lacking in a web search. People like being around other people and communicating with them however that communication is done.

Because it is fun. This is not as much about answers as it is about the people. You will quickly begin to know them. And it is fun to give crack a joke, or needle a "friend" (or if you go into religion or politics to needle an "enemy"). And occasional you do manage to help someone. (I spend a lot of time in the computer/internect section as I do that for a living).

Oh, and the points...thank you for the 2 points!!

not a clue - prolly just too lazy and want to be handed the answer instead of work for it

sometimes the search sites give topics that's too broad or general

beacuse people feel like it