Tell me how can I cut my lawn which is 15" long?

I did not cut my lawn for 6 weeks, because we were on vacations and we could not find anybody to cut the grass for us. Now the grass is pale and very long and full of seeds.

Favorite Answer

Get a goat! :) That's what I tell my boyfriend when he goes too long without mowing.

You'll just have to mow it a couple of times. Don't mow it short. You'll send it into stress/shock and it'll turn brown. It may take a week or two to get it back to "normal". But just mowing it should be fine. Those seeds are good for the thickness of your lawn also. Good job!

Hope you had a great vaca too!

Use a string trimmer (weedeater) to cut the grass to 6" high. Water it and wait 3 days. Set your lawnmower at it's highest setting and cut grass again. Water it and wait one week. Set your lawnmower at a middle setting and mow again. Water the grass, then mow as needed. Do not mow the lawn with the lowest setting as that will kill some of it.

Next spring, fertilize and reseed as necessary.

Watch for hazards--I found an entire standard socket set when mowing my new yard for the first time!

Here's a site with some good info:

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/LUESA/Solid+Wa...

Good luck!

gg

u need 2 mow it extremely slowely or eles the thing that shoots out the grass will get clogged. if it doesn't spit anything out, then stop moving and shake the mower a bit. if u keep mowing when the thing is clogged, the mower will break down.

Source(s): had 2 mow the very tall grass a few days ago, and i no these professonals so i'm practicly a proffesional myself ;)

CUT IT WITH A STRIMMER FIRST OR IF U DONT HAVE ONE USE A PAIR OF GRASS SHEERS THEN CUT IT WITH LAWN MOWER

use a weed whacker, unless it is a very large lawn.

On a large lawn, you might need a sickle bar