Does honking annoy you?

When drivers continuously honk their horn over stalled traffic or trying to switch lanes, doesn't it tick you off? The noise is so loud and obnoxious.

Favorite Answer

Our driving habits really suck... we are a self absorbed, rude society and we don't mind showing our asses on the roads.

But short of engaging in roadrage, the best thing you can do is to try and ignore them... and stay out of their way.

Edward is right, they don't honk here in Dallas and I like big cities. I moved from the Austin area to Dallas for that (and school), but I like people honking because I honk back louder and hold it out. I've lived in meaner cities than these and got used to the rudeness on the streets. I don't take it personal.

No actually I miss it! I moved from Cleveland to Dallas an no one honks here. They just sit there and wait until the dumb blonde in front of them finished with her lipstick and sees the turn arrow! When I honk, people look at me like I just aborted their mother with a coat hanger!!!

I don't mind that as much as when someone toots the horn outside a house many times, instead of getting out and knocking the door, especially late at night or early in the morning.