i just got a 06 dodge stratus. but with the high payments and high insurance, i am up the creek.?

should i 1)find someone else to take over the payments, 2)have it for a year, make payments on time and refinance at a lower interest rate. my credit was not that great and its a lot easier to get financed for a new car compared to a used car. I had to get a relative to co sign. the only reason why i want the used car is cause the insurance is so much cheaper

Favorite Answer

WELL for that car what your paying yes- just get it paid off ASAP and move on to a more profitable investment..

We know why you have bad credit... you buy things you can't afford! You have to get an insurance quote also before you buy a vehicle so you know if the total payment is affordable. It is imperative that you don't make your payments late or you will not be able to refi in a year. No one else can "take over your payments." You would have to sell the car and pay off the entire loan.

Having someone else take over the loan will do nothing for rebuilding your credit so I recommend that you make it your business to keep the payments ON TIME for at least for one (1) year,at that point with a year of regular solid payments under your belt then try contacting the bank that you do your regular banking with about rolling the loan over to lower the intrest rate and your payments.

OMG you have my dream car i am a 15 year old girl and that is the kind of car i want SOOOO bad but i want a 2 door CANDY APPLE RED 1 so bad i cant stand myself lol but my parents cant afford 1 so i know im up a creek lol

You should sell the car (take a small loan for what you are upside down) and then buy something you can afford. That means you pay cash for the car. Maybe a nice $1000.00 car that looks like crap but is reliable. Then you save the money to buy what you want.

i would go with option #2.