Was Saint Patrick English or Welsh?

I say English lol

Favorite Answer

According to his Confessio, Patrick was born in vico banavem taburniae, somewhere along the west coast of Great Britain. Vico means 'little settlement' or 'village'. Bannavem is the placename. Taburniae is a suffix meaning 'of the Taburnia', probably relating to a tribal group. However, it has been argued that the correct spelling should be Bannaventa Burniae possibly meaning the 'Promontory Hill of the Burnia'.

I say that he is more of a mix between English and Welsh. I would say that he is more of an Anglo-Welsh man born in Dublin, Ireland.

Source(s): It is a rumour that I just made up. Maybe it's not true but, it's really some juicy gossip about St. Patrick.

English

c.385—461, Christian missionary, the Apostle of Ireland, b. Bannavem Taberniae (an unknown place in Britain, possibly near the Severn or in Pembroke). He was one of the most successful missionaries in history.

• mark c

I don't know if he was an English or a Welsh but I'm told he was a drunk.

(I'm Irish..I can get away with that)

He was born on the west coast of Great Britain, but it has never been discovered where exactly.

• doc

English, he was kidnapped and sold into slavery to the Irish.

• Obilee

Well he was born in west britain but was sold as a slave to Ireland so no clue

I understand that St. Patrick was German

A lost Polack. It worked out well after all.

Scottish actually