Americans: Do you know or have you heard of any of these bands/musicians?

1. Tegan and Sara

2. Hot Hot Heat

3. Metric

4. Feist

5. Peaches

6. The Arcade Fire

7. Broken Social Scene

8. Billy Talent

9. Our Lady Peace

10. The Tragically Hip

I'm Canadian and I'm trying to make a Canadian mix for some Americans. I want music that they have never heard.

• Favorite Answer

absolutely!

I've heard of Tegan and Sara, Hot Hot Heat, and Billy Talent. As far as I know, Tegan and Sara is a duo who sings rock. Hot Hot Heat is a psychobilly band, as far as I've heard their stuff, comparable to the genre of Reverend Horton Heat and The Living End. Billy Talent is an awesome band who just came out with their sophomoric release, dubbed Billy Talent II. I've heard that they've sort of softened from their original angst-filled punk-esque brand of Canadian rock. I still recommend their new CD, because it truly shows that bands mature and that it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Source(s): I'm a musician.

I've heard of Tegan and Sara, Hot Hot Heat, Billy Talent, and Our Lady Peace.

i heard of 1 2 6 7

Hell Yes

Favorites from Each

I was walking with a ghost

goodnight, goodnight

Monster Hospital

One Night

the album name Father ****** says enough

Cold Wind

Shoreline

The Ex

Shanking

Looking For a Place to Happen

I've heard of Hot Hot Heat, Peaches, and Billy Talent.

Our Lady Peace was one of my favorite bands for a long time...I also went to the 99/00 show. Kinda funny about Hot Hot Heat...I was at a Ladies' Night at a local bar a couple weeks ago and the DJ was giving away CDs....he came up to me and said "hey, I dunno if these guys are any good, but here's a free CD!" I listened to it on the way home and the general concensus was that it was no good.

I've seen Our Lady Peace in concert, they were touring with Creed and Oleander back in 99-00. Saw them at the Riviera Theater in Chicago.

Our lady peace and tragically hip. Funny because i'm not even into music like that.

yes definately! metric and the arcade fire are two of my most favorite bands. i other than that just hot hot heat, peaches and broken social scene. i don't like our lady peace and i've never heard of the rest.

• Yes, Hot Hot Heat I know....

And isnt Our Lady Peace from America?