Is it ok to refreeze cheesecake?

I thawed it out Sunday and it has been sitting in my refrigerator since. Is it ok to refreeze? (it's one of those Sara Lee frozen cheesecakes)

Favorite Answer

It is definitely not safe to refreeze it. I am pretty sure that if you check the box it will tell you that but if it does not it is not a safe food practise to refreeze food that has previously been frozen.

Source(s): Food handlers safety course

It should be okay unless it is starting to weep or you notice clear fluid around the bottom of the crust. If it has started weeping, it means that it is too old to safely refreeze.

nooo its not good to refreeze anything. if its freshly made then u can freeze it but u cant keep putting it in and out of freezer

Thanks for your thoughts on refreezing food and especially cheesecake. I will share it with neighbors and friends and be done with it.

yes

Sure, just make sure you use lots of cling wrap.