my cousin got an abortion about 5mnths ago. as of now she doesn't look very healthy..?

she's skinny and not gaining any weight at all no matter how much she eats. and her breast are gettin` smaller..but also she can't eat much because it makes her wanna throw up. what's happening? what should she do? besides consulting a doctor right away-though it's probably the best thing.

Favorite Answer

Its probably GUILT

Was she tested after the abortion for hcg levels? If there were any present in her system, then it's a sign that her abortion could have been incomplete. Did she bleed heavily (filling a pad in less than an hour, I think) or pass clots larger than a grape? That could have indicated a problem as well. There's a good chance that something is seriously wrong. She should consult her doctor soon, or she may find herself heading to the hospital. As is, she might be heading there soon anyway, from the sounds of it.

I will say that some people find their metabolisms change from pregnancy, so there is a chance that she's not gaining weight due to a higher metabolism. I could not get above 110 for the longest time (I'm 5'8") and that was without any health problems. If I started eating less at all, then I'd drop to 95lbs quick. But if she's losing weight then that's a problem.

As for the not eating much, that's my main concern in reading this. When eating makes you feel sick, that's always a time to seek help.

Could be depression which can directly affect your mental and physical well-being. Could be an infection from the abortion which may be detrimental to her health. She needs to see a gynecologist with the quickness. I hope she gets better real soon. Having an abortion, though sometimes taken lightly, is a very traumatic procedure for the mind, body and spirit of a young woman. She is not in a healthy place right now and you are a good cousin to be concerned.

• viclyn

Tell her to see a doctor right away. Whether there is a physical or mental problem, she needs some advice and help immediately. This doesn't sound good at all. Don't wait.

See a doctor

She needs to contact a doctor and tell them what happened b/c something could have went wrong during the abortion i.e. infection, etc.

she maybe sick from the abortion is she still bleeding or anything i had one 19 years ago and i lost weight but it was because i was depressed and would throw up from it maybe talk to her tell her it is going to be OK i will say though i have never really ever gotten over it but it got easier

she's probably pregnant again. a great deal of girls feel guilty about the abortion and get pregnant again within the year.

or, perhaps she's just feeling bad about what she did... and is depressed.

she NEEDS to see a doctor, no one here can KNOW how to fix her... not even a doctor will diagnose her over the phone, they have to see her.

I don't know if her having an abortion has anything medically to do with it, although she could be depressed. She should really see a doc, but you knew that already.

• Emergency Room noe!!! before something bad happnes!

Take her back to where she got the abortion and tell them about it.