how can i know how much space is left in my 40GB harddisk?

i have a 40GBharddisk n 256 MB RAM

Favorite Answer

Go to My Computer, highlight the drive you want to check(Usually C:), right-click it, select properties.

Open up My Computer, right click C:\ (or whichever letter the drive is set to) and then select properties. There will be a pie chart with details on space usage on the disk.

EDIT

Even better yet, you can right-click the My Computer icon, select Manage and from there go to Disk Management. You get info about all drives and all partitions!

• Vicky

Click on 'My computer' icon on your desktop then click right click on Drive 'C' & choose properties, you can see how much free & used space is left on your 40 GB drive.

Note if you have partitions like Drive'E' or Drive'F' then do the same as stated above & total the used space of all these drives together to know the exact value of disc used.

in the starting up let me propose you improve your reminiscence, it will boost your pc overall performance as well ram is surprisingly lower priced nowdays. click on my pc icon off your human being computer or click on initiate, my pc once you've the window open with each and each of the force letters excellent click on the C force letter, you receives a drop down menu, left click on homes a clean window will open wich provides you with the information you want. sturdy success

Push down start button, find run. Enter Dxdiag. This will give you lodes of info

go to MY COUMPUTER then highlight harddrive. then it is going to be on your left side. space avavile.

my computer