Christian question // very hard, do not answer quickly //?

Who is it that was born on december 25th?. I will credit best answer, what is the significanse of december 25th?

Favorite Answer

Mithra? Osirus?

not Jesus Christ, at least, not according to most Bible scholars.

The winter solstice....

The pagan god Buddha is believed to have been born on this day when the "Holy Ghost" descended on his virgin mother Maya. The great saviour and god of the Persians, Mithras, is also believed to have been born on the 25th of December long before the coming of Jesus

Early in the fourth century, the Roman church decreed that December 25 would henceforth be recognized as the birthday of Christ. The Eastern churches refused to accept Christmas until 375 C.E., and the churches in Jerusalem rejected the December 25 date until the seventh century.

It should come as no surprise then that the Christian Church co-opted this seasonal holiday, celebrated by the city that ruled the world -and- celebrated by Christianity's major competitor (Mithraism). It was simply a very astute political move.

Christmas is not the only Christian festival which was borrowed from ancient paganism and foisted upon the religion of Jesus. There is also Easter the Feast of St. John, the Holy communion, the Annunciation of the virgin, the assumption of the virgin, and many others have their roots in ancient pagan worship.

Well, the most likely choice would be Jesus Christ. However, the modern world does not actually know when he was born. I was born a few days before the 25th, and one of my aunt's was born the 24th. I do not know anyone else right off hand that was born on the 25th.

• No one knows what day Jesus Christ was born on. From the biblical description, most historians believe that his birth probably occurred in September, approximately six months after Passover. One thing they agree on is that it is very unlikely that Jesus was born in December, since the bible records shepherds tending their sheep in the fields on that night. This is quite unlikely to have happened during a cold Judean winter. So why do we celebrate Christ’s birthday as Christmas, on December the 25th?

The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.

Peace Of Christ Be With You,

Debra

several million people have been born on DEC 25Th. Jesus Christ NOT being one of them.

Dec 25th is a pagan holiday. Most people today celebrate this to be the Birthday of Jesus Christ, some celebrate it as a recognized date of birth only.

Jesus Christ is John The Baptist's cousin. Jesus was "conceived", 6 months AFTER John the Baptist was born. Putting the "conception" date about Dec 25th. Now, term birth weeks after conception, makes Jesus' birthday around Sept 28-29th.

( answer.):.......

Dec 25th is the day Jesus was "conceived", not born.

Jesus was not born on December 25 that day really was a day to celebrate the Winter Solstice but Christians started some time I do not know when to set that date aside to celebrate the birth of Christ.

december the 25th was a pagan holiday before christ was anywhere near born. the church just adopted it as the DOB of their savior to incorporate the pagan beliefs and get their numbers up. jesus was actually born in march sometime, so the church just lies straight up when it talks about christs birthday on the 25th of december.

I was born on the 25th!! It's significant cause, well it's my birthday! And it sucks because I don't get twice the presents. Nope. I hardly ever get a birthday cake on my birthday. Normally it's a couple weeks later.

my friend was born on december 25th. and lot of other people

Hare krishna was born on Dec 25th

• lucky

Christian claims that it is Jesus, but no one knows for sure. The only thing that I'm sure of was Jesus was born in winter. We choose December 25 to celebrate Jesus's birth, but no one knows for sure. I guess that it is not that important.