I'm a delivery driver and i was wondering what is a good portable navigation system i can buy for cheap?

I'm a package car driver for UPS. And i was wondering where i can find a navigation system for cheap. I need one that is portable so i can just bring it with me, because i cant tamper with company trucks. It has to be something easy to use as well. I need one that is like a map of streets. sort of like Tom Tom but portable, or atleast just simple plug in. Any help i would appreciate it.

i also need detail description of what im looking for, i have no idea what anything is, electronically speaking. i just need something so i can just add an address then it gives me detail description of how to get from place to place

Favorite Answer

I think one of the new verizon wireless phones. I don't know for sure if I friends has the same phone, but it was amazing and devently priced and about $250 dollars. The phone has large an open face but it is thinner than a traditional phone. The screen is big and the resolution is decent. It take pics and videos, get emails, u can set the freakin thing to call u at a specific time and the phone will generate a fake voice on the other end so you can get of what ever. The phone also doubles as a GPS unit and can crossreferance an area for the best restuarnt, and probaly golf club. For $250 I think its worth it and you get a thin protable GPS unit with a great phone.

Hey, define cheap ? . .for GPS. .

check out, http://www.magellangps.com/products/

or your best bet, with a Map & portable for like $139.99

http://store.wmjmarine.com/w11215.html

Also, i heard UPS is in the process of upgrading their trucks with Navigation systems. you might want to look into that before you buy one..

Source(s): me
  • Kremer

magellan is a good company to buy from, but if you have a laptop, there are gps plug-ins that cost less than $100

• the new phone from verizon wireless

Source(s): comercials