Is Chicago a good place to visit?

Locals only please - what makes Chicago a great city?

Favorite Answer

First lets start with the food. What do you like; steak, Italian, Greek, Chinese, seafood, soul food, pizza, hot dogs, you name Chicago has it. Navy Pier, its like the state fair and your favorite amusement park rolled into one. Venture to the top of the Sears Tower, or the John Hancock Building, what a way to see Chicago, especially at dusk. Take a river cruise and learn about the history of Chicago's buildings.

You've got the world renown museum of science and industry, the field museum of history, the art institute, millennium park and grant park. You have three of the best animal parks in the country, Lincoln Park Zoo, Brookfield Zoo and the Shadd Aquarium.

For night life you've got Lincoln Park, River North, Streeterville, Lakeview, Bucktown, Wicker Park. You've got blues on the South side and Jazz on the North side. You've got the beaches of Chicago and that amazing skyline behind you. What else do you want to know. Come now, come in the fall, come in the winter, come in spring this city always has something going on, ENJOY!

I am not a local which means I can answer your question even better... I have visited Chicago many times. Its a fun town, the waterfront, the "Married With Children" fountain (from the intro to the show), cool buildings inc. Sears Tower, the shopping in downtown and the Al capone tours. The museums are great also...I will definitely visit Chicago again, but I would not want to live there...

Musuems, great sites, Lake Michigan, Great Tours, Shopping, and some of the best food in the country. Combine that with the beautiful ambience of downtown and the clean but bustling city and you have a fantastic tourist destination.

Yes, it's so much fun. I live in Northwest IN which is right by Chicago. My favorite site there is Navy Pier.

Great food, friendly people, lots of museums and events, tons of diversity, always something to do. It's the best city there is!

• dbrady

Yes.. It is the windy city

• Grack

dont take childeren...its unaproperiate

Source(s): did i spell that right?