Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Good books on etiquette and good manners do you know any?
I want a book on etiquette for fine dining, good manners in public settings and with interpersonal relationships. A book that explain in detail how to set a table and which utensils to use in fine dining and the etiquette of fine dining. Also, I want info on the proper way to act in public settings, with strangers and interpersonal relationships. Moreover, info on how to act at job interviews, professional meetings and different social events like cocktails and the sorts.
The book most be easy to read preferably.
- ab1609Lv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
For the US:
Go into the next book store and look for books from Emily Post and Judith Martin, a.k.a. Miss Manners. Both authored several classic etiquette books.
Regarding table settings I would check out the cooking section. By now there are cookbooks that specialize in event and party dining and give hints and suggestions about proper table settings etc.
* Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior
* Miss Manners Rescues Civilization: From Sexual Harassment, Frivolous Lawsuits, Dissing and Other Lapses in Civility
* Common Courtesy: In Which Miss Manners Solves the Problem That Baffled Mr. Jefferson
* Miss Manners' Guide to the Turn-of-the-Millennium
* Miss Manners' Basic Training: Communication
* Miss Manners' Basic Training: The Right Thing To Say
* Miss Manners' Basic Training: Eating
* Star-Spangled Manners
Check with Debretts. They have a volume about etiquette and manners beside the genealogy and advice regarding proper address, the season, and weddings.Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Martin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Post http://www.debretts.co.uk/db2005/publications.asp
- brevejunkieLv 71 decade ago
Emily Post's Blue Book of Etiquette
- 1 decade ago
Amazon.com has books you can order on line that are simple to complicated on etiquette and manners. Also on career interviews, dress etc. Just search in those areas.
- Anonymous5 years ago
debretts ettiquette for women i imagine is the perfect. it is outlined in uk, by women they mean youthful ladies (sturdy esp for gaining expertise of the ropes in early 20s) love the e book, so classy. talks about social graces, coping with adult males, photo, etc.
- ♥ Krista ♥Lv 41 decade ago
"Etiquette for Dummies"
- Anonymous1 decade ago