jane asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Do your pet rats love ping-pong balls?

I introduced my rats to a ping pong ball yesterday, and they went mad over it. We wondered whether they thought it was an egg or something. Do your pet rats also love ping pong balls?

Favorite Answer

it seems normal the most simplest thing can be the most fun. same for human babies, you can give them the most expensive toy in the world and they'll leave it for a cup and straw.

I don't know about ping pong balls, but my pet rat loved to swim in the bathtup. I thought that was very odd, but they are good swimmers. At least mine was.

I'm not certain but a pingpong ball may be too easy to chew through and may wind up choking the rat if it eats it. Maybe replacing it with a tennis ball or some other kind of ball with stronger material in its making may be a wise thing to do.

i am holding my baby rat right now and i put him down he found my ping pong ball and chooed a hole in it he loved it

• Aline

Anything they can hide under. All rodents love a tunnel or something to hide under.

i don't have one but i can tell you why "mabey yours is active so he wants to know and play with everything new" or he thinks it a chees or an egg asyou say.

they went nuts over it. I got 2 mouse.

mine does, i put in his cage about a week ago and thats all he does is paly with it....its crazy