What is the average waiting times at the Social Security Office?

Have to go to the social security office for the first time to sort things out about my SSN# ..... In Houston, Texas.

What is the waiting times at a first come first serve office?

Because for my driving test, I had to queue up 2 hours before opening time at the DPS to actually be 22nd from the front of the queue....

• Favorite Answer

if you have an appointment you have to wait until that person sees you, most likely at the appointment time. if you don't have an appointment, you take a number and wait and wait. if there are alot of people you will have a wait. I think you should call your social security office in your town and set up an appointment so you would not have to wait, get there just in time for the appointment. go to the window and tell them you have an appointment and they in turn will tell that person you are there. also you can call the 1800 number and do your business over the phone also. sometimes I do that instead of wasting my time going to the office.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Because for my driving test, I had to queue up 2 hours before opening time at the DPS to actually be 22nd from...

Source(s): average waiting times social security office: https://tr.im/LIfTE
  • hoyer

Ssi Office Houston Tx

Depends on the office that you are going to in Houston - but plan on it being an all day affair and be happy if it turns out otherwise.

• Gay

An hour or two. Although sometimes if you go over to the NLV one on Civic Center Drive, there is no wait.

typical government office, They don't give a sh**. If they were in the private sector, they be out of business.

Social Security Disability Evaluation : http://DisabilityHelp.siopu.com/?zHe

• GRUMPY

Average time is one hour.

locally i wait no more than 10 minutes. but then houston is considerably larger than this town.

they usually serve you according to your business there.

it isnt long in Oh, I maybe waited a half hour.