promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the average waiting times at the Social Security Office?

Have to go to the social security office for the first time to sort things out about my SSN# ..... In Houston, Texas.

What is the waiting times at a first come first serve office?

Because for my driving test, I had to queue up 2 hours before opening time at the DPS to actually be 22nd from the front of the queue....

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

if you have an appointment you have to wait until that person sees you, most likely at the appointment time. if you don't have an appointment, you take a number and wait and wait. if there are alot of people you will have a wait. I think you should call your social security office in your town and set up an appointment so you would not have to wait, get there just in time for the appointment. go to the window and tell them you have an appointment and they in turn will tell that person you are there. also you can call the 1800 number and do your business over the phone also. sometimes I do that instead of wasting my time going to the office.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the average waiting times at the Social Security Office?

Have to go to the social security office for the first time to sort things out about my SSN# ..... In Houston, Texas.

What is the waiting times at a first come first serve office?

Because for my driving test, I had to queue up 2 hours before opening time at the DPS to actually be 22nd from...

Source(s): average waiting times social security office: https://tr.im/LIfTE
  • hoyer
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Ssi Office Houston Tx

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the office that you are going to in Houston - but plan on it being an all day affair and be happy if it turns out otherwise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gay
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

An hour or two. Although sometimes if you go over to the NLV one on Civic Center Drive, there is no wait.

• 1 decade ago

typical government office, They don't give a sh**. If they were in the private sector, they be out of business.

• 3 years ago

Social Security Disability Evaluation : http://DisabilityHelp.siopu.com/?zHe

• GRUMPY
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Average time is one hour.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

locally i wait no more than 10 minutes. but then houston is considerably larger than this town.

• 1 decade ago

they usually serve you according to your business there.

it isnt long in Oh, I maybe waited a half hour.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.