promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
lindsey_6_3 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Where do fish poop and pee out of?

I don't see where their anus/urethra could be.. i see no place for a hole!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not sure why you're looking for the hole... but here is your answer, nonetheless.

Fish excrete solids (or in your terms 'poo') from an opening usually about half way along the bottom of the fish. This is usually seen as a cord or rope that can dangle behind the fish. Fish lack what we have as far as a sphincter so no, they can not 'pinch it off'. Some other kinds of fish simply drop little pellets, so it can be harder to tell, exactly. Generally speaking, start looking just behind the last set of fins on the bottom, before the tail... the aptly named 'anal fins'.

As for liquid elimination (read: 'pee') this is actually done by osmosis... fish send their urine out through their skins and into the surrounding water. There is an extremely small amount of urine actually secreted by fish, however... most of their waste is either solid or gas (which is sent out through the gills). What urine there is is so heavily diluted by the amount of water passing through their skin, it's not the same as you 'going' in the pool... it would be like you letting one drop out, each minute, for an hour.

No one would ever really notice ;)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Hold it up above your head and wait for it to pee...hehe I'm kidding! It's usually located a lil bit north of the anal fin, believe it or not, hehe. That is the last fin on the bottom before you get to the tail.

• 1 decade ago

the hole is in the vent area thats is located in front of the anal fin. the anal fin is the bottm of the fish closer to the tail fin.the hole is realy small only when they poop u will it

• 1 decade ago

somewhere near the tail

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its near their behind, you don't see it, cause its small.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.