Is there a simple, intuitive way to design transistor circuits?

For the clever engineers...its obviously to design transistor/amplifier circuits with complex math tools (Spice, matrix equations, etc) Is there a drastically simpler way to do this? What I had in mind is a more intuitive approach and just building it up piece by piece without resorting to complex full... show more For the clever engineers...its obviously to design transistor/amplifier circuits with complex math tools (Spice, matrix equations, etc)

Is there a drastically simpler way to do this?

What I had in mind is a more intuitive approach and just building it up piece by piece without resorting to complex full circuit analysis.

I often see these extremely complex circuits (eg like the inside of an Op Amp) and think, how could I break this up and figure it out in a few minutes without some horrendous difficulty?

What might a simple approach look like? Im not adverse to a little math...but something drastically simpler.

Thanks for any intuitive insights.
Update: What comes to mind is some new way of looking at a transistor or component that is extremely obvious and speeds design to a very quick intuitive level...thanx again
Update 2: one futher idea: Im thinking lego blocks here...lego blocks of transistors...