how did christopher reeve die?

he died in 2004 but i don't kno how he died

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Christopher Reeve, the actor who played Superman, died at the age of 52.

Reeve fell into a coma after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home and died.

Reeve was paralysed from the shoulders down after a riding accident in 1995. The accident turned him into a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research.

He was being treated at Northern Westchester Hospital for a pressure wound that he developed, a common complication for people living with paralysis.

His the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection. Reeve died of heart failure.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think, after years of waisting away in a way Superman himself woulda been broken by, he died of complications of his back injury. Oh but the real superman was killed off by doomsday, DC comics shouldn't a gotten greedy by doin that then bringing superman back, that was prolly the underlying cause of all this trauma Christopher Reeves endured. Imagine riding on a horse, finally feeling fullfilled after hearing your character died so he'll never be played by a person on a movie ever again...then figurin out the next second DC's bringin' him back, yahh horsey...ahhhh crack!

• 1 decade ago

He died on October 10, 2004 after suffering cardiac arrest.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He died from complications to bed sores, & his loving wife died shortly afterwards from lung cancer, such tragidy, I think he really wanted to find a cure for his problem, & I wish he had.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

he was competing in a horse jumping competition and he fell off and was paralyzed. I would imagine that his system just couldnt function anymore.

• 1 decade ago

Horse ridding accident. He fell off and broke his neck.

• 1 decade ago

heart failure

then his widow died of lung cancer @ 44 :(

• 1 decade ago

he had infectious bedsores. sorry way to go after all he'd accomplished.

Still Superman to me!

• 1 decade ago

he had bedsores that got infected

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he had MS and his heart stopped =(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.