nandaiyo asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

low blood pressure.?

my doctor says i have reallly low blood pressure for someone whos 15.

Whenever someone takes my blood pressure, they as if I`m dead, honestly though, I feel great, just as I always have been..

what caused this, what are the consequences, and how can I up my blood pressure?

can blood pressure be TOO low?

Favorite Answer

low pressure can be as bad low as high pressure. At your age, it could just be hereditary. Has anyone else in your family got low BP?

To upp your BP you will need to take medication. As you age your BP does tend to go up slightly.

Salt is the key in the diet. While some people strive to cut down, you need to add. The salt will cause your body to hold more fluid. More fluid in your circulatory system translates into higher blood pressure. Your doctor can prescribe tablets, if you can't get enough through your diet.

Another thing to prevent the dizziness associated with low blood pressure is to get up slowly. Whenever you go from a lower position to a higher one, do it in steps. For example, when getting out of bed, sit up in bed, then swing your legs over the edge and sit at the edge, then slowly rise to standing. Your blood pressure naturally lowers when you are lying down and relaxing. If you get up suddenly, your body may not be able to increase your blood pressure quickly enough to meet the higher demands of standing.

Low blood pressure is an abnormal condition in which a person's blood pressure (the pressure of the blood against the walls of the blood vessels during and after each beat of the heart) is much lower than usual. It can cause symptoms such as dizziness or lightheadedness.

When the blood pressure is too low, there is inadequate blood flow to the heart, brain, and other vital organs.

A blood pressure level that is borderline low for one person may be normal for another. The most important factor is how the blood pressure changes from the normal condition. Most normal blood pressures fall in the range of 90/60 mm Hg to 130/80 mm Hg, but a significant change, even as little as 20 mm Hg, can cause problems for some people

Low blood pressure is commonly caused by drugs such as:

Medications used for surgery

Anti-anxiety agents

Treatment for high blood pressure or coronary heart disease (CHD)

Diuretics

Heart medicines

Some antidepressants

Narcotic analgesics

Alcohol

Other causes of low blood pressure include:

Dehydration

Heart failure

Heart attack

Changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmias)

Fainting

Anaphylaxis (a life-threatening allergic response)

Shock (from severe infection, stroke, anaphylaxis, major trauma, or heart attack)

Advanced diabetes

CALL YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU:

Feel dizzy, lightheaded, or faint

Have black or maroon stools

Have chest pain, shortness of breath, an irregular heartbeat, fever higher than 101 degrees, headache, stiff neck, or severe upper back pain

Also call your doctor if you have:

Cough with phlegm

Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting

Inability to eat or drink

Burning with urination or other urinary symptoms

You are taking any new medications

1

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes : http://diabetescure.raiwi.com/?hdLK

2

Source(s): 30 Days Diabetes Cure : http://diabetesgofar.com/?HBlh

Eat food with a little amount of sugar can raise your blodd pressure.

As long as your weight is good and you feel fine, don't worry about it. Low is good, High is bad.