Can anyone tell me more about graphic design and exactly the different jobs in the market?

I've been looking for a career that I can enjoy and actually do at the same time, I'm planning on going to college to be a paralegal, but I am not sure that is the field I want to be in. I don't just want to pick something for the sake of it. I looked at the paper and saw graphic design and I thought... show more I've been looking for a career that I can enjoy and actually do at the same time, I'm planning on going to college to be a paralegal, but I am not sure that is the field I want to be in. I don't just want to pick something for the sake of it. I looked at the paper and saw graphic design and I thought that would be really cool but hard work, but I am not sure about the job market and exactly were a graphic designer might work?