Why don't you english like Cristiano Ronaldo? All he did was tell the ref he didn't like the foul!?

Get over it!

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

But that isn't his job, his job is to play the game not to speak to the referee. They have lip read what he actually said and it was more like 'Send him off, ref'

• 1 decade ago

As a United fan i must say it saddens me to se a player of Cristiano Ronaldo's Quality Resorting to such cheap tactics such as diving,

Rooney & Ronaldo are/were pal's at Manchester United so to see your freind/Teammate/Colleague egging on the ref to send you off would certainly rile you up especially on the biggest stage in the world.

SO the reason why the 'The Englih dislike Ronaldo is becaus he is all about Gamesmanship rather than Sportsmanship.

Ask yourself this would you rather cheat your way up the premiership and get into the Uefa cup or Enter the uefa cup by topping the uefa fair play league? Think about it

Benji

• 1 decade ago

It drives me nuts when people mention Ronaldo sending out his teammate in the English - Portugal game. For those of you without any BASIC soccer knowledge, being a club mate with a guy doesn't mean you have to let his country win yours simply because you play club football there. On that day, both kids were playing for their country and they did what they had to win. For the records, Ronaldo didn't draw a foul, he pointed one out. Opposing players clap when an opponent is sent off and winking is what Ronaldo preferred. My only disappointment is he might remain in Manchester. Ungrateful English.

• 1 decade ago

Exactly!

Should any English player have been stepped on in the same way the whole team would have been complaining to the ref about it.

That having been said, it was a mistake not deliberate and the ref should have stopped the fouling on Rooney before it happened.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

as a man united fan,ronaldo had no right to get involved in the first place.sprinting 40yards to tell the ref,something he ,d already seen.why didn,t all the others sprint 40 yards to do the same thing as ronaldo.to complain.no they didn,t why cos they already knew it was a foul and the ref was dealing with it.he made things worse by doing what he did and he knew it,remember the wink to the bench,what was all that about then clever clogs

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I think Ronaldo is a very good footballer. HE has great control, and one of the highest shots on goal rate in the world. ROnaldo is truyl impressive - in fact he is way better than Rooney (i think the reason rooney scores so many goals is that the goalies don't want to look at his ugly face, and so when he shoots, he has an open net, because the keepers are looking away).

• 1 decade ago

Not only English people dislike Cristiano Ronaldo as a footballer,but nearly everyone who follow soccer do because he is a cheat on the pitch with all his diving.He has brought diving to a new level and players like him threaten to ruin the game

• we dont like ronaldo because he is the biggest hoax football has ever seen! he knew he could get rooney sent off and he is a bastard for that. the wink to he teamates and the headbutt before the game "he winks its all over" if i was rooney i would have beat the **** out of him on the pitch. he is a looser and doesnt know how to play right if rooney is still with Man U. the first pratice id take ronaldo out slide tackle him in the legs. make sure he knows his place. we wont ever get over this because i think the game was fixed any way when england beats portuagal ronaldo can laugh all he wants and oh yeah Germany 3 Portugal 1 up yours ronaldo!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I personally feel that all this between Rooney and Ronaldo has being taken out of context, by one group, the media.

Why?

Because they hyped our chaances up of winning the world cup, and they had egg on their face.

But i have never liked Ronaldo before the world cup and now to think that he got his own clubmate sent off to gain an advantage is appalling.

He is a cheating bastard and i hope someone on the field will end his career with one lovely tackle.

• 1 decade ago

It's because the Portugese bounced England out of the cup and the English have to blame something beside their lack of talent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.