I would like to open a sort of "memorial park" in my community?

but this takes money I don't currently have. This memorial park is different than a regular cemetery. It would be like one in I think it is South Carolina and the people buried there are not embalmed, do not have a vault, and do not have to pay a fortune to be buried. It would be in a park like setting with small markers and they can go back to the earth naturally.

What is the best way to do this? I don't have the best credit since I had 3 surgeries in 5 years. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

1.Form a not for profit corporation or a for profit corporation.

2. Draw up a plan for how the memorial will look. I would use very good visuals and if possible a model of the site.

3. Get a web site. Keep costs low use a do it yourself web site or a blog building tool.

4. Ask for donations. You can do this on the site. I would use paypal donation buttons.

5. Sell engraved memorial bricks or walking stones with the name of the donor or whoever is being honored

I think you are going to get a lot of opposition from the big business mortuaries in your community. Best of luck!