Does anyone know exactly what breed of dogs are in the Disney Movie - Eight Below?

Favorite Answer

"Since the story of Eight Below revolves around the bravery of a group of sled dogs, the filmmakers decided to use both Hollywood hounds—Siberian huskies and Alaskan malamutes—and a native breed known as the Greenland dog. The Greenland dog originated in the coastal Arctic regions of northern Siberia, Alaska, and Greenland and is believed to be one of the most ancient breeds. All three of the breeds used are classified as “working dog” breeds, which are genetically adapted to frigid temperatures; hence they were ideal for work in this film."

quoted from

http://www.ahafilm.info/movies/mr.phtml?fid=7718

Siberian Husky.

If you are interested in having one as a pet the most important thing to remember is that it is a working dog. It will be unhappy if it does not have a job to perform. Let it pull a small wagon on walks (frequent walks) and get it some space to run a couple of times a week. They also don't do well in overly warm climates like the US south.

They are Siberian Huskies evan look it in a book of dogs.

• dolfan

Huskies.

they werent wolves, they were huskies, a very common dog used for pulling snowsleds

Source(s): me, im an alaskan, grew up around this junk

I do not breed those dogs but i have one and they are very hiper and their huskies

I think they're huskies; they're too slender to be malamutes.

siberian huskey i want that kind of dog..my fav dog type of them all

huskies or wolves

Huskies !!!