Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

how to do the duck walk (the physical test, not the dance)?

i was told i have to do it when i go to MEPS to go into the national guard. it would help if i knew how to do it beforehand.

• 1981
    Favorite Answer

I had to do it when i was trying to enlist in the marines...you basically just squat down and point your toes out and then you have to walk like that....its pretty weird, but its tough to do..hope this helps.

P.S.

Get ready to spend all day there....it really ..really suck...I got there at about 4:30 in the morning and wasn't out until after 2:00 in the afternoon....good luck :o)

• j.f.

The duck walk helps the doctors at MEPS tell if you're flat-footed or not. Basically, to do the duck walk, squat down with your feet flat on the floor, like with your knees up to your chin, and walk forward.

ROFL - you're serious, aren't you?

Okay. Squat down. Walk forward while squatting, heel-to-toe.

You're duck walking.

And believe me, it doesn't matter if you know how to do it before hand. You'll be in a room with about 30 other guys, stripped down to your skivvies and feeling ridiculous, with some guy in a white lab coat explaining it simply and practically drawing it out in crayon. You'd have to be a few beers short of a six pack to get it wrong.

MEPS sucks! Talk to people, make some friends, cause you gonna be there awhile.

LOL we had to do this in basic too, a punishment for something, we duck walked around the bay a couple of times and we had to sound off with "I'm joe-joe the duck and I'm all @#$%ed up"

too funny.

I would actually practice the duck walk a few times, and make sure you stretch beforehand. It was difficult for me, bit would have helped had I been expecting it. Good luck!

• Jane

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avmJJ

free range rapedbycajun chicken

yeah, you have to do it for, well I forget how far. Pretty much get in a crouching position and walk. I have no idea why they make you do it.

ask donald