maxer112 asked in TravelMexicoMexico City · 1 decade ago

drinking age of mexico?

whts the leagel drinking age in mexico

Favorite Answer

18 is the legal age..

But I am from Mexico and I can tell you that it is not hard to drink while in mexico

you can buy your alcohol in two places, at a bar/club .. or at store/supermarket..

The first group, will ask for your ID at the door just so they keep little kids from going in the club, not because they wont sell you booze.. so if you are not 18, you can go to "tardeadas" were its a younger crowd.. and they will sell you

The second group, will ask for your ID if you are very unlucky.. or look like a suspicious 12 year old.. If you are past puberty, and dont look suspicious.. they will sell it to you.. try not to go to big supermarkets, they have more strict cashiers.. stay with your mom and pop/ oxxos

• Erika

Drinking Age In Mexico

Mexico City (Ciudad de México) may be the capital of Mexico and an incredible city surrounded by mighty pile ranges. To see that town you are able to select the very best choice hotelbye . The city's place is unquestionably breathtaking. Two magnificent snow-covered volcanoes, Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, tower over it with their more of 5,000 meters. Mexico City also keeps countless reminders of its past and these are things that entice the tourists. The defeating center of Mexico City is Zócalo - the Plaza de la Constitución (Constitution Square) - where in actuality the country's first constitution was proclaimed in 1813 and now is one of the most visited place of Mexico City since it's among the world's biggest squares. In Mexico City you can even visit: the National Palace, the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Templo Mayor.

18

18

18

18 but who wants to drink 9 years ago you asked than what.

It depends where in Mexico your at? If your at a town or place far from the city as long as the bartender can see your head over the table he will serve you! My Dad is from a ranch like 1hr from the pueblo/town and they dont really care about the drinking age or who they sell it to. When i used to drink with my Aunts and Uncles my 8 yrs old cousin would go get the beer for us without any problem i seen 12/15 yr olds or younger consuming beer!!!!!

• Walter

18.

• jh

I have been to Mexico about 10 times, and I have never seen them deny anyone of any age alcohol.