What's with the mummy kid in the Shakira video "Hips don't lie"?

In the background of the Shakira video "Hips don't lie" there's a mummy kids looking around. Watch it real close and you will see it. What is the significance of the mummy kid? I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and it's making me a little nuts.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Shakira's video is inspired in her native Barranquilla (Colombia). That mummy kid and the other characters are taken from the carnival that is a big week long street party out there.

• 7 years ago

The Story Is That Shakira Promised One Of Her Biggest Fan, This Little Girl, So One Day Before They Were Goinq To Shoot The Music Video, The Little Girl Died, She Got Burned. Shakira Didn't Want To Break Her Promise So They Wrapped The Little Girl In Toliet Paper Or Like Special Paper And Put Her In The Background As A Mummy And There Was Someone Movinq Her In The Bottom

• 1 decade ago

All i notice is Shakira shaking,..mmmmm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just so that ppl like you notice it and ppl like me go and watch the video and their viewership increases

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe their just too "wrapped up" in the song.

• Steve
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Oh, ha, I thought you were talkin' about:

http://www.cafepress.com/shakiraspoof

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

day of the dead maybe?yes i know she's columbian. i paid attention in spanish class

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i've noticed that little kid too!!! that freaked me out once i saw it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

whoa....thanks for pointing that out....thats kinda creepy...i have no clue!

• 1 decade ago

have not seen that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.