JBWPLGCSE asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 decade ago

Ray and Flora Rhodes family info in Indiana & Who was Flora's parents?

Looking for info on the Rhodes family. I'd like to know Flora Rhodes (Rhodes is her married name, I want her maiden name) and her parents names. I think the Rhodes family came from Ohio. I have gone back as far as Peter Rhodes b.1858.

Best Answer

Please verify if the below matches your information. Do you have any further information (middle names of children, nicknames, obituary or death certificate which may provide where she was born)?

The 1930 census for Indian Creek, IN shows

Ray Rhodes 19, born in Indiana, Married age 19 Laborer for a grocery.

Flora M Rhodes 20, born in Indiana Married age 19 Both parents born in IN.

Robert J Rhodes 3 born in Indiana. His age could actually be less than one year, because the entry is messy. It shows as 3 11/12.

The Social Security Death Index shows her birthday as 24 Jun 1909 (She died 24 March 1991 but it does not indicate where). This means that she was almost 10 months old on the official 1910 census day (15 April).

I have searched the 1910 census records for Indiana for Floras born in 1909 on Ancestry.com. There are 33 possibilities listed.

Source(s): Ancestry.com

Hi...

Do you birth years for Ray and Flora? Do you know where either of them was born? (state? county or city within that state). Do you know when they got married?... even an approximate year? Where did they live most of their lives? Any brothers or sisters known of either? Do you know Peter Rhodes' wife's name?

Any added help may help others in answering your question.

Thanks

Bill

If this is any help. I know of a Rachel Rhoades born in Pike County, Indiana, May 1 1827. She was married to John Keith Jr. from Kentucky. They are both buried in Woodland Cemertery, in Como, Hopkins County, Texas. There is also a Charlottye Rhoades buried there, born Nov 9, 1870, died Jan 27, 1939. I have pics of their tombstones if you want them e-mailed. She is my husbands Great, Great, Grandmother. my email is forestfairie12@hotmail.com

genealogy is a fun hobby, so, assuming you want to have fun checking it, there are several genealogy websites for you to research, like ancestry.com, familysearch.org, genealogy.com, cindy's list, onegreatbigfamily, etc. which you can find online and get their 14 day free trial, or hire a certified genealogist who would search for you for a fee. There are films you can rent and review, there are census records, ships lists, and you can search obituaries, church records, etc. and most are on the net. Have fun.