im a 1st year engineering student. i need some guidance??????

im a computer science engg student. i live in india at chennai.

i study at one of the affiliated colleges of anna university. now i've heard of my seniors studying so many programming languages other than what is there in the syllabus.so i need a set of programming languages or other courses that i can study altenatively with my b.e. so that it would be usefull 4 me in the future. & i cannot afford so much(money) to study so many courses at a time so i want the answerers to point out a few(3-4 courses) important & usefull courses that has much scope in future.& also tell me how it would help me to get through the campus intreviews.

pls tell me what r all the qualifications required by the recruiters to select a student in the campus interview..............a clear answer would be helpfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

you should study php, HTML, java script, mysql,

also you can learn c,or c++. You can get a online help and free tutorials, just make a search. if you are low on many you can also sell programs on Internet. try :

www.rentacoder.com

or a "freelancer" search on google or yahoo.

you will not be able to get a job there or project as freelancer, but you will get an idea of what to learn.