Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceAdvertising & Marketing · 1 decade ago

I have a hobby im really good at which is fixing peoples bikes in NE ohio. how do i let people know w/o news?

I am a 13 year old who loves fixing on peoples bikes in cleveland-akron,Ohio and i dont have the money to place an ad in the newspaper how do i let people know how to contact me for a situation if i dont have newspaper ad placing money i could do it on the internet but nobody goes to the internet when they need their bike fixed some suggestions PLEASE. THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPED.

Favorite Answer

I would suggest that you start fixing up junk bikes and displaying them in your front yard with a for sale sign. If the street you live on is a busy street, you'll start selling from your home. People who buy these reconditioned bikes from you will spread the word as to you repair abilities. You might start to experiment with these junk bikes and make supped up models. Depending on your neighborhood, their may be a big demand from reconditioned bikes at a reasonable price. By far, the best advertising is the product itself.

I live in Columbus, so i think you should make flyers and put them up everywhere. i would actually try to raise money, or put flyers at your school, or church, or a place where everyone goes, like restaraunts and grocery stores. Put your name, phone number, address, and everything likr how much you charge, and that you fix bikes, and what you will fix. Good luck, and I hope you get tons of people with broken bikes.

Use plain white paper and a nice marker and make ads to put on poles and store fronts. You could advertise it the same way one with a yard or tag sale would do it. No money needed. You could pass them out to some neighbors too. Good for you. You could also add that you are able to do chores and errands for the elderly for a small fee.

You can make flyers and put them in stores - get your friends to tell their friends - no local newspaper with free ads?

find a ton of services that i use on this website try to find one in your area. If this doesn't work hand out flyer's at a bike event?? (Below is an example of a site in my area.)

• GD-Fan

Put up an ad at the grocery store

Make a flyer on your computer, print out several copies and then hang them in your local stores. Good luck!

A. Make posters and ask store owners if you can hang them in their shops.

B. Make business cards and do the same. This might work better because they take up less space.

you could rent a billboard thay dont cost that mutch to rent

and sence you know about bikes. i have a relly old bike (60's 70's?) and it has a old speedomiter and it dosent work what could be wrong?

How about posting some flyers? Then there is always the option of telling your friends who tell their other friends, etc. Good luck w/your "business."