My home cleaning service used my computer for the internet, should they be fired?

I terminated them today.

Favorite Answer

I am in the cleaning business for 7 years, and I would fire my employee for any intrusion on my clients property. Thats not as bad as stealing, but I would never touch or take any clients property for any reason. Maybe Im being too harsh, but My customer has placed their trust in my service, and to break that trust is nothing short of criminal.

They need to go. Sounds like they used your computer w/o your permission, but before you decide to let them go, I would check around your house and make sure they didn't try to steal anything. I would think that's some form of invasion of privacy. I agree w/what one of the answerers said, make a complaint to the company office and see if they say or do anything about the situation. If they don't, fire the cleaning crew and just to be a witch, tell people not to use that cleaning service b/c they use people's things w/o permission.

What did they do while online? Whatever, I hope it wasn't illegal. Fire their butts immediately and send a certified letter telling them why they're fired. Inform their boss immediately. Next time, password lock your computer before you leave the house.

No, just put a password on your computer. It could be innocent enough, if they go any further than that you should fire them.

Complain and see what the service does.

Without prior permission, YES! What else did they use without your knowledge is the question!

yes

yes... if they use things like ur computer without permission they can take anythin and use anythin without permission... i say fire them

yes, invasion of privacy.

ya