Medical conference in Delhi what should I see (sites)?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
PLACES TO VISIT DELHI
Red Fort (some interesting shopping in Red Fort)
Chandi Chowk (old market in Old Delhi. Largest bazaar in India, Just wander you will be awe struck)
Jain and Shik Temples in Chandi Chowk
Shopping, eating & staying
Pharaganj (near New Delhi Train station..many young westerners stay in this market.(one, if not the best places for a westener to shop in all of India, styles are geared to western tastes-clothes, and practically anything that can be bought in India cn be found in this market. (great jewelry)
Connought Place upscale shopping area in geart of Delhi..Connought place is a must.....huge circular columned plaza
Palika Bazaar (Underground Market at Connought Place) wild and crazy bargian hard
Outdoor Market on Janpath Road
Tibetian Market on Janpath Road
Gypsy ladies market Janpath Lane off Janpath Rd. (great stuff, fabrics bargain hard they will come way down)
Kevender's Milk (strange out of this world milkshakes been there since early 1960's an instatution ask anyone in Connought Place)
Eat at Kirams while in Chandi Chowd another instatution great Tandori Chicken and Kababs (order Kir for desert Yummy..)
India Coffee House Connought Place, best coffee in Delhi
Any other question just post or E-mail me
Dr GoodHeart..going to Delhi.........from Boston?.....Are you going to study 'Beating Open Heart Surgury' developed as the Ascott Hospital by any chance?
I know Harvard School of Medicine has been sending a train loads of heat surgeons to New Delhi just for this purpose....I meet a chardiac specialist in Jaipur that knows a top cardiac specialist at Asocott,.he's only 40 years old and performed 4,000 (Beating heart operations)..if that's your purpose I'll write my friend and get you an introduction.(I understand he's the best in the world) ..E-mail me.
Well anyway have a great time
- helpaneedLv 71 decade ago
Depending upon availability of time ( I presume 4-5 days) and other resources, you may visit in Delhi the following select places:
(Since you have also enquired about flight from Boston to New Delhi in another question, I presume you are an American visiting New Delhi India)
- State Emporiums at Baba Kharak Singh Marg
- Central Cottage Industries Emporium on Janpath (Opposite Hotel Imperial and Janpath Market) and Connaught Place.
- Delhi Haat at INA Colony.
- Select Tourist spots such as Iskon, Lotus and Akshardham temples, historical tombs and Qutub Minar, Garden of five senses-it is near Qutub Minar itself.
- You may undertake one day each round trip to Agra (Taj Mahal, Fort, and Sikandra) and Jaipur (Amber, Nahargarh, Jaigarh, Hawa Mahal, City Palace and local markets).