AP US History Summer Reading question?

I have to analyze this :(

The United States was a creation of a group of founding fathers who followed a process by which the landed gentry(or aristocracy at the time) made decisions by class, race gender in an effort to maintain power in the new republic

can anyone translate that into a more understandable statement?

oops i missed a word

The United States was a creation of a group of founding fathers who followed a process by which the landed gentry(or aristocracy at the time) made decisions MOTIVATED by class, race gender in an effort to maintain power in the new republic

but you prolly understood the point anyway

Favorite Answer

Okay here is my attempt - First I will say I am a white 25 yr old male - so when i speak there may be a little bit of bias - I am a law school graduate and hold a BS in Biochem & Cell Bio - I also took AP US History in High School

ANSWER

Well this statement seems quite biased at the outset - because it assumes that the founding fathers - whom were white and some slave owners broke with tradition or the commonplace conditions of the age. Unlike today - the founders lived in a time when society was heavily paternalistic (male protecting everyone) so becuase of this the government of the US was based on such a belief.

BLUNT STATEMENT - Rich White Males determined that it is in the best interest of Rich White Males and Everyone else that Rich White Males should be in control

More Appropriate answer - Look to issues within critical race theory and furthermore examples of the great compromises of the constitution - We have the agreement on slavery - the 3/5 compromise - the creation of a bicameral legislature -- other issues as well

But I would suggest that any group that seeks power under the guise of equality still maintains a desire to dominate some other group.

FINALLY

Well were there other founding fathers - no these were the representatives sent to the contiental congress by the colonies and they decided to throw out the articles of confederation - so i believe these are the founding fathers --- not some group - but at the crux the statement implies that the United States at its founding only garunteed freedoms and privaleges to landowning white males - and this is correct -- however the words in the constitution today are extended to minorities such as race, sex, but there is still great issue with other subjugated classes - socio-economic condition is also a great dividider among all peoples.

properly, English for me change into straightforward because i'm good at it and had astounding instructors the years before. And it also facilitates my English instructor were my freshman English instructor so I already knew what her type change into going to be like. :) Her homework load change into okay. the only ingredient i quite disliked change into each and each and every of the reading we had to do because countless the books were lifeless boring. As for APUSH, it change into kind of detrimental. My unique instructor had a medical incident the 0.33 month of school so some ingredient else of the first semester we had to address 2 (incompetent) subs before we thoroughly were given assigned a sparkling instructor 2d semester. the present instructor change into astounding regardless of the reality that. no longer lots homework besides learn the e book and we took a monetary smash attempt (now and back 2) on the accurate of the week. yet he properly-prepared us for the AP attempt. My unique instructor wasn't that annoying both. He can furnish us a monetary smash each and each and every week to benefit on the accurate shall we take a lengthy quiz. No homework besides learn. As for succeeding, see you later as you do your artwork on time and pay interest in college, you'd be okay. both the tutorial are quite elementary see you later as you proceed to exist proper of your learn.

The rich white men set up the government for their own benefit.