Movie theaters are all closing in our area what can be done to support them and keep them open or reopen them?

We live in a small town and the theatre closed last year. This year the surrounding towns are closing their theaters also. The cost of renting the movies to display and also heating and cooling the buildings is no longer profitable. We have very little for the kids to do. No skating or bike trails, no community center with basketball or ping pong. No mineature golf. I am concerned that withouth some other options the kids will continue to get into trouble out of boredom. I have heard there could be government funding or a non profit organization could take over. How do we apply for this type of assistance?

We go to movies often. You don't have to buy the popcorn and the theatres around here let you bring in food. Pizza, candy etc. Something about the big screen is magical and the surround a sound. It would be a shame to lose that magic.

Favorite Answer

Petition. Fundraiser.

When movie theaters stop forcing you to watch 45 minutes of commercials and trailers, and stop charging you 6 bucks for popcorn, maybe people will start going to theaters again. Until then I'm going to watch DVD's at home!

certain each and each of the time and also you comprehend there no longer gonna pat you down like a airport safe practices officer so as long as you save it from visibility selection your nice haha yet issues are thanks to severe priced and thats why I even might want to %. and decide what videos i bypass to also bc the fee ticket expenditures often times at the prompt are not so sturdy both. I see videos and im ahh thats a renter lol haha desire this helps you question =)

• DannyK

Ever heard of sports?

I know it sucks, maybe flea markets can help them?

watch more movies