J H asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 1 decade ago

CHEAPEST PHONE SERVICE in ontario, canada?

Whats the cheapest phone service in ontario, canada. i mean for a home phone, so a land line. bell right now is charging 18.84 for a basic phone line nothing included. i checked vonage bc i will have hi speed internet, but vonage's 19.99 a mth plan only gives u 500 mins of LOCAL outgoing call time which is rediculous, any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Go to http://chabela0731.ld.net./ They offer some really good phone services. They offer one that is called zero cents, and another that is called opex. Both are very good services.

2

Source(s): Get 100% Free Phone : http://freecellphones.iukiy.com/?vzRJ

It depends on what's available in her area. A phone company can still install a high speed DSL Internet connection, though I'm not sure if they would require phone service to go along with it. Cable companies usually also offer internet, often in a variety of speeds. Mine is through a cable company, and I don't use the cable TV service (though I would get a discount on it if I got both). Or, there's satellite services if she's in a remote area that isn't serviced by high-end enough wiring to allow for highspeed internet through more traditional means. Cost depends on what the companies in her area offer, and what taxes/fees are required by the local governments. She should be able to find the local cable and phone companies in a telephone book; it should only take a few minutes to call and ask their rates and terms.

Try the cable company. They sometimes have flat fee lines for less than bell, and is definitely better than vonage. You should get a discount if you have phone cable and computer line through the same company

EDIT: by the way, where are you? I really miss Ontario in the spring and fall!