Is a religion wrong when it harms human beings?

Though I know that religions are simply matters of opinion that cannot be agreed upon, can I say a religion is wrong when it directly hinders human rights (involuntary dress code for women in some Islamic countries, stoning/strangulation of femal rape victims in some religions, female genital mutilation in others, violent persecution of homosexuals)?

Favorite Answer

You can do anything in the name of anything. It doesn't make it correct.

Is the Bible clear about killing others in religion acts?

Is killing terror leaders wrong?

The Detroit Free Press

A very, very good question found there. Let's see what is again happening: “Suicide attacks push limits when the bombers are kids” – [Michael Matza – Knight Ridder newspapers]. We were all shocked at what happened there. “Palestinian youth believe that if killed fighting for Islam, they will go to heaven and delight in the company of beautiful virgins” – [World Magazine]. And here you see Hussam Abdu, a 16-year-old boy who had that bomb strapped to his body and he gave up. He did not want to die. Well, “The U.S. blocks U.N. Security Council rebuke of Israel. [USA Today, Bill Nichols & Barbara Slavin]. you know, i am absolutely shocked that they're using children to commit suicide in order to promote their terrorism.

A sheik, Ahmed Yassin, trained these children and they put him to death and everyone is complaining now. Wait a minute! Don't you believe the Bible? The Bible says in the Noahic Covenant, “Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by him shall man's blood be shed”, Genesis 9:5,6. Under the Mosiac Covenant, Exodus 20 verse 13, “Thou shall not kill”. The Hebrew there is murder. Turn the page. “He that smites a man so that he dies shall be put to death", Leviticus 24:17.

This man was training these little children to put bombs in their body and this kid says, “They gave me $25 and told me I'd have 72 virgins”. What would a 16-year-old do with them? He probably wouldn't know what to do. How sad. Yet this man who was killed was behind all of this. What did you say, Jesus? In Mark 9:42, “Whosoever shall offend one of these little children that believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck and he were cast into the sea.”

Now, that sounds like capital punishment to me. You drop a guy into the sea and he's gone. And the policemen and military men are ministers of God and they bear not the sword in vain, Romans 13:14. That's not for peeling potatoes. I say murderers should be put to death. Even some of these juveniles who are killing everyone around this country.

Source(s): You don't believe this? Thats your opinion. I'll stick with God's own Words.

Religion is man made. We make up a way to communicate with God. Find the one way that is right for you. Religion does not have much to do with God. It is just what we need as humans to accomplish things. Religion is also used for "crowd control" on a mass scale. Hindu's are very peaceful people. Great crowd control.

I believe so. Whenever a religion takes away a persons rights and forces them to do something that they do not want to do, a religion is in the wrong. Myself, I am christian, but being so i look upon homosexuality as wrong and will tell them what they are doing is wrong, but as such I also agree to their choice to be as they are. I believe that any religion has the right to tell someone what they are doing wrong, but when the cross the line and force them to do something that they do not want to do, they are in the wrong.

Yes, the real G-d wants us to live in peace and gives laws that h/e knows are good for us. The problem is that people of every religion come up with their crazy ideas about interpretation and loose track of what is important...TOLERANCE

Yes you can say that. Ppl are way too concerned about appearance with their God. The God they worship does not care what you look like. But if it actually hurts others, then it is wrong.

Yes, it is. If you're thinking about Muslim, you've been misinformed. The Koran (sp?) teaches peace and respect towards other people's beliefs and cultures. How al-qaeda and other terrorist insurgents misinterpreted that one is beyond me.

yes any religion that hurts humans or animals is wrong

definitely yes

To answer your question!...YES!...If It's Inspired By Satan!.......