My boss wants me to inform everyone in the office that I've resigned. What should I say?

When I tendered my resignation my boss said she would leave it up to me to let the department know I was leaving - that it would be inappropriate for her to do so. I work in the front office of an academic major at a university. Most of the people I work with are professors and I don't have much of a personal relationship with them. I just want to send a mass e-mail. What should I say.

Favorite Answer

Good morning:

This is to inform you that I have resigned my position effective 00/00/00. I have enjoyed working with you and appreciate the experience I have gained. I wish you all the best in your future and perhaps our paths will cross in future. Should you need to contact me, I can be reached at:

Thank you and have a great day!

Your name

You're out of there, right? So, the colleagues YOU want to stay in touch with (if any) you can tell personally. For the rest, you can send an e-mail: short & precise: I've resigned to seek other challenges outside 'da-da-da'.... Don't appologize, don't explain, just wish the others good luck. All the best!

In your e-mail just indicate that you will be leaving the university due to (i.e, moving, career change, continuing education, etc) (what ever your reason is) and that your last day will be ____ and that you enjoyed working with everyone and wish them and their families the best....good luck

PS: Not sure why she left it up to you, but I guess she is just that type of boss.

Source(s): Personal Expereince
  • Jason

Before my current job, I worked in a gigantic corporate office. When the day came that I decided to resign I simply sent a blanket "F*ck You" email to all of the users on that server. It worked out pretty well.

-J.

Simply state you've enjoyed your time working with them and are leaving now to pursue other endeavors.

Wish everyone well.

Nancy

Keep it short and sweet, dont mention specific people you may offend someone you dont mention, leave a contact address if you want to keep in touch with people

me, i would just let them know that i was leaving for my own reason's and that the time while you were their you enjoyed being their and enjoyed working with everyone around you.

Not your responsibility to do so. It is your bosses. Just leave.

you've already done what you were supposed to do -- your boss is trying to control you -- she's not your boss anymore -- but she's trying to be --

• NO!... duh!