Do you have to sign a legal release form in order to receive your vacation pay after being terminated?

Former employer refused to pay vacation pay owed me after being terminated without just cause. Had to go through Labor Standards Board. Going on since Feb/06. Board now has cheque but former employer wants full and final release form signed before it is released to me. I would need to obtain legal advise before I... show more Former employer refused to pay vacation pay owed me after being terminated without just cause. Had to go through Labor Standards Board. Going on since Feb/06. Board now has cheque but former employer wants full and final release form signed before it is released to me. I would need to obtain legal advise before I signed. Is this necessary? I only was employed for 8 months. Thank you.