Sad day for the Palestinians. Israel is destroying their will and freely elected government. Who's to blame?

Today I tried to understand the situation why these two nations fight. And I found a map at http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/lgcol... which basically shows Israel eating up what little remains of the land of Palestine and its people. It is pretty sick that the Palestinians are paying the price for what Germany and Europeans did to the Israelis during World War II. If I was Palestinian, I would be real upset if someone colonized my land and impose curfews on me, and now trying to exterminate me. But what the hell, we do that in Iraq anyways. More resources for us (may be just the rich corporations).

And did you know that the U.S. does not support democratically elected governments? Hamas was elected by its people in a free election. Oh well, we already know we are a bunch of hypocrites.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese.

Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism."

PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhsein, 1977

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you would look up the history of the Palestinian people, you might find that they have been kicked out of everyplace that they tried to settle. Jordan, Egypt, etc.etc. Why? Probably because they are violent, manipulative, and can't live by the treaties that they sign.

I feel sorry for the innocents, both of them, but they broke the most recent treaty, fired rockets into Israel, and kidnapped one of their soldiers. What are they supposed to do? Recently, Israel moved their settlements out of the Gaza area. Do you remember seeing the Israeli families fighting with the military to keep their homes, but they were loaded onto buses and shipped out? Of course not, nobody sees that, because the biased press outlets didn't think it was a story. A few outlets did provide coverage. So, Israel was living up to their promises, and I think they may have been working on giving Jerusalem to the Palestinians also.

Also, the Ha mas government is a terrorist government. They are the terrorists. They have been attacking Israel for decades. And neither Israel or the United States recognize terrorist governments. Period.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Palestinians elected HAMAS, which lobs bombs daily into Israel. If the Palestinians freely elected HAMAS, the Palestinians ought to feel the pain of their choice.

Hitler was elected by popular vote. The piece of crap Iraqi constitution is a product of popular vote. Democracy is not a primary to freedom; individual rights is -- and is sorely lacking in much of the world.

• 3 years ago

if you're able to seem up the historic previous of the Palestinian human beings, you're able to locate that they have got were given been kicked out of everyplace that they tried to settle. Jordan, Egypt, etc.etc. Why? in all likelihood because of the very truth they're violent, manipulative, and ought to't stay by making use of the treaties that they signal. i imagine sorry for the innocents, both one in all them, yet they broke the significant cutting-edge treaty, fired rockets into Israel, and abducted one in all their infantrymen. What are they meant to do? lately, Israel moved their settlements out of the Gaza section. Do you keep in techniques seeing the Israeli households struggling with with the militia to maintain their homes, yet they have been loaded onto buses and shipped out? of route now no longer, no man or woman sees that, because of the very truth the biased press merchants did now no longer imagine of it grew to grow to be a tale. some merchants did provide coverage. So, Israel grew to grow to be living as a lot as their substances you, and that i imagine of they could were engaged on giving Jerusalem to the Palestinians also. also, the Ha mas authorities is a terrorist authorities. they're the terrorists. they have been attacking Israel for some years. And neither Israel or the united states recognize terrorist governments. era.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Another loaded question from the mental midgets on the left. At least be honest, you really don't need an answer because you THINK you already have one. The US does support democratically elected governments as long as they aren't terrorists.

• 1 decade ago

I do not blame Israel. It defends itself. Palestinians could long ago achieve essential part of their purposes by being organized and get rid of terrorist branches of their movement. They should organize themselves at least a little, to make negotiations possible. They should get rid of extremists in their movement. Hitler also was elected, by the way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its nice to see someone whos taking notice...this turmoil has being going on in all parts of the middle east for yonks! perosnally as an arab i am on the palestinians side. i wont give a lecture on who should get what and why, but if you read about it, you will see why the collective arab population dislinkes the israeles so much. i dont hate them, i just disagree with their governance. but also if you read about it, ull see why there is no quick and easy end to all this turmoil...its going to need more than a nelson mandella and matrin luthur king to fix this one

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who's to blame? The political organization of THE PALESTINIANS who kidnapped the Israeli soldier. We should have done that once WE discovered that two of OUR soldiers had been kidnapped, let alone tortured so badly that we need DNA to identify them. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

only if they agree with us,,,, I will be the first to admit,,, I wish terrorists would go POOF,,,, any group who teaches their faithful to blow up innocence along with themselves, like bin Laden and the al Qaeda networks,, are pure evil,,,, to attempt to destroy these evil groups by starting a war,, seems counterproductive to me,, "to hinder, rather than to serve Ono's purpose" to destroy all the innocence surrounding the evil,, teaching evil is the core of terrorism, but those who follow the teaching are like tentacles on a cancer,,,, sometimes cutting it open makes it spread,,,, treatment might be more effective,,,,, to spread good,,, what could be a better way,,,,, I personally do not think an eye for an eye is the way,,,,,,,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While you're trying to understand, read up on the history of mid-east turmoil. It's been going on for centuries.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.