Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why do men look and say nothing?

I have noticed that men will look and stare but say nothing. At least say hello. I guess the guys can give me some insight.

• jkcmr2
    Favorite Answer

We say nothing for we are awestruck by the beauty we see. We are actually wondering how we could be next to you, talking about things and finding out we have so much in common. We are thinking that it sure would be nice to go to a movie and have some dinner with this woman i see. But, usually we end up thinking to ourselves "well, someday my true love will find me, but not today". And away onto our day we go.. If a guy says hello, and you noticed him eyeballing you, if you think were cute, then say hello back and ask how ya doin. All we really need is some act upon the females part to be blunt, and just show an interest. I really believe since the world has changed so much, and people are so much more wary and cautious of a stranger, that true love may get passed by. Anyway, I appreciate a well dressed woman, whether it be professionally dressed, or to purposely catch a man's eye...or a woman's...but if I look, and I'm awestruck, please don't smack me or get mean. It's a compliment, and you should love the attention. I know, there is a fine line, but we are all not perverts...really we aren't/

• Joose

Ok... Men are like babys they need to be hand held for a lot of tasks. When a man stares... do you give him that "friendly-yeah Im looking at you too" look? Or do you give that "Dont you even dare... try to holla" look? Think about what vibe you are giving off. Give that flirtatious sexy stare... that we women do so damn well.

Or on the flip side....

They want to look at the goods... they have a cow at home and just want to look and glance at the herd. THEY KNOW NOT TO STEP OUT -so they just look from a distance and admire. SO take it as a compliment and run with it girl!!!!!!!!

Some guys have respect for woman (believe it or not). Guys may do that because they know that you are out just trying to have a good time, and don't want to be hit on by every guy. So men who just stare, are admiring the sight, but won't say anything because we know that women are sick of getting hit on every time they go out. So instead of thinking less of the guy who just stares, you should thank him for giving you a break. And you might want to talk to him, chances are he is a good guy.

we are usually waiting for permission to approach -- a sign from the woman that there might at least be SOME kind of interest.

there are many women who totally freak out when a strange man comes up to her, no?

we also get very tired of having to be the one that makes the first move.

and then sometimes we just like to admire beauty from a distance with no involvement.

LOL -- much like sitting in front of the TV...

;-)

I know what you mean, but i think sometimes guys are shy, and the only thing they can show that they kind of like you, is by looking at you, but really saying nothing

Oh, that's how most of them are. Tarik ALWAYS stares at me, and he never says anything. He's shy, and he likes me (that's what I heard, I'm not 100% sure). So, maybe that dude likes you.

Why . . . because women often tell them that they are not interested . . . so guys sometimes get tired of trying and just look.

But I have a question . . . why would they stare . . . what are you wearing . . . are you just looking for attention.

We love beauty and we can't dare to talk until you show interest. We stare to find whether you are interested.

They are confused of what to say..prolly they have nothing to say..if they say HI..it could be and introduction to something but there is nothing..

when i asked my boyfriend about that he told me he prefers doing than saying things, you know what i mean.bullshit.i think that they just have nothing nice or clever to say...of course there are exceptions