Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)FIFA World Cup (TM) · 1 decade ago

Who thinks that it is a bunch of crap that Blatter threatens to strip Zidane of his World Cup Best Player.?

The title is given to him by International Committe of Journalist!

DJ: It is Blatter that should resign. The way he managed this year World Cup is a total disgrace!!!!

Favorite Answer

He was the best player of the cup and I think everyone knows that.

I don't. Remember that the spirit of the World Cup has been Fair Play for quite a while. What Zidane did was far from Fair Play. And remember that the voting ended at half time. He could easily be stripped of the award. Plus, I think everyone knows that France probably lost b/c of what Zidane did. He would have never missed in penalties, and the guy that replaced him (Trezeguet) missed. So from hero, Zidane became the goat of the tournament.

I think the whole fiasco is the most disgraceful episode in the history of the world cup - FIFA, Blatter botched it. Not interested in what they, Zidane, Materazzi, media, or anyone else have to say - FIFA world cup should be abolished. For the good of the game.

(Journalists are among the lowest form of lowlifes)

My problem with Blatter and FIFA is that they have been far from consistent. I know everyone has compared this to the Figo incident, but honestly - if Figo was given a yellow card, and no further disciplinary action was pursued, then shouldn't a red card for Zidane be enough? And to the poster who said that what he did was far from fair play - yes, and he got a red card for it. De Rossi's actions against the US were far from fair, he got a red card and a suspension. Doesn't change the fact that he gets to be a world champion.

Wait for the whole story though, because for all anyone knows what Materazzi said could have been far from FIFA's other slogan, "say no to racism."

i don't think they can strip him of his award because the votes were cast by the people, and the people thought he was the best player in the world cup. also, they have no idea how to find out if a lot of people began voting for him before or after he headbutted (=D) materazzi, so they can't strip him of anything.

they're just bluffing in the hopes that zidane will give it up or something. which, by the way, he is not about to do because he WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD CUP.

First of all, he didn't deserve it. Zidane woke up towards the end of the WC. He didn't consistently give an excellent performance, while Cannavaro did. He should have won the title.

The award should be given to the player that has shown the most outstanding soccer skills as well as sportmanship and Zidane wasn't one of them.

That's a great decision if FIFA decides to strip the Golden Ball from Zidane. Zidane is a scumbag violent man who should get criminal charges against him. Anyone who supports Zidane is an ignorant moron who lacks education.

I am not an italian and I think Zizou should be stripped of the title. He did not act in a professional manner. I can't believe that only words would drive him to act so violently. Give me a break. By the way he was not the best player in the tournament. Cannavaro was. They gave it to Zidane only because he was retiring. He made 1 goal on his own and the others were penalty kicks. He was overrated in this tournament. CAMPIONI DEL MONDO, ITALIA!!!

That's a great decision if FIFA decides to strip the Golden Ball from Zidane . FIFA should do it to make an example and send a clear and loud message to those players that think they can do dirty things and get away with it .

Its the "Golden Ball" people.. Not man of the match.

U can't judge him only in the final match ..

See the bigger picture pls..

Yes, its craps frm Blatter..