Why do some people talk so loud?

There are some people who walk into a room and talk to loudly it hurts my ears.... I can't stand it. And why do they always seem to be oblivious to it, and talk incesently???

Favorite Answer

They want to be the center of attention and they think everybody is fascinated by what they have to say. They really have to make themselves feel significant, obviously they get completely ignored at home LOL.

that's an attention-seeking syndrome.. they want to be noticed all the time, and think that people arond shoud take their notice, compared to rest of the group, present in the room. they are oblivious to it as you point out, beause no one takes the risk of telling them, that they may start a fight, who are you to tell me, how i should talk? this a psychiatric problem, aggressive behaviour, hyper-activity, talking continuously. they have to take some depresants, to calm them down, with the specialist's advice, but they have to first recognise it as a problem! in some other cases, hearing is affected, so they talk loudly. you have to also reply in louder tone, they will go on saying, pardon me, pardon me? in india, we hardly find people, who know how to talk in a modulated voice, except for the corporates, or those who have groomed themselves.

Source(s): it's a menace, but we can not do any thing about it actually.

Some people, such as myself, tend to speak loudly because we have hearing loss. Mine is more than 50%. I try to modulate my voice, with this in mind, but sometimes I forget.

The sort of people to which you are refering, however, are either trying to be jerks, or they are simply large (spiritually), loud people. The loudness and incessant chatter are things that they LIKE.... so they don't understand that others don't.

Boo hoo. I spent an HOUR on the bus today with the entire top deck full of school children on a day trip. Man they were loud. And they talked crap.

Some people really are hard of hearing and don't know how loud they are talking. Don't make fun or be annoyed, we can't help it!

• braunlie4 years agoReport

Wrong. The majority of blacks are NOT hard of hearing. They are just from the ghetto.

thanks you dint ask "why do blacks talk so loud"??, a racist here asked this yesterday and was automatically reported.

anyway to answer your query i will tell you pple are different, some pple are not considerate and dont care how other pple feel. i live in spain and if you dont like loud pple you will be dead bored here, plle talk so loudly especially in andalucia i asked them and they told me its their tradition for long. you just need to be smart and tell them in a good way to shut up.

i dont know but i work 2 cubes down from a woman who is from brooklyn with this horrible accent and TERRIBLE laugh its witchy and gross and she never shuts up it makes me sick! whats worse is that she complains all the time that she has heartburn so she has to have surgery to fix it yet allllll she talks about is food. its like, hello? get over your obsession with food and you wont need surgery. plus she has no right to complain when its her f---ing fault! GOD! lol. help, please?

• Elle

I get accused of this. It's embarrassing. I think it's sometimes hard for me to hear over back round noise so I don't realize it.

My aunt talks pretty loud whenever i'm around her, she works around heavy machinery all day at her job and she has to talk loud there to be heard, and I guess it is just habit for her to talk loud because of that. =)

Maybe they r partially deaf or it could be a way to dominate the conversation & intimidate people.