What do Saunas do?

I've been to the sauna about 4-5 times in 2 weeks, each time about 15 minutes and I've just realised that everytime nearing the end of the 15 minutes and after I've stepped out of the Sauna both my thighs have red circles. They stay like that for an hour or so. Anyone know why they react in such a way? thanks

Favorite Answer

You might be staying too long or your skin in those areas is sensitive. Are crossing your legs or stretching them out. Try to keep them apart and see if that makes a different. Saunas are to detox the body by sweating out all the bad stuff. You need to use them properly though or you could hurt yourself. Usually it is 10 minutes in a luke warmrm rinse and then another 10 in and then wa warm shower after.

Probably because of the heat, you may be in there too long...i'd try going in for shorter times, or lessening the temp in the sauna.

Make you sweat. Where on you thighs are the red circles.

go only for 10 min tops, and go after that into the cold pool for 3 min.