The lining on the ceiling of my car is coming off. How do I go about fixing that?

Favorite Answer

You can try to re glue it. 3M makes a spray glue. It may work, but will not be perfect!

The best thing to do is to take it to an auto upholstery shop and have them replace the headliner.

Source(s): 26 years in the auto business

Take it to a good repair shop that deals with headliners. You can order a replacement and glue it on, but someone who has the experience can do much better.

Depending on your vehicle figure from 150-250 for a new headliner-installed.

Source(s): been down that road

I don't think it's fixable... I know I tried on several occasions and never did get it to stick. You can get a replacement ceiling liner from any auto parts store on a special order.

Try any car dealership's service department. They might have a specific glue available that adhere's upholstery, vinyl, etc. to metal that is specific to cars and allows for the different types of weather variations (heat, cold, humidity).

I had a friend who got a syringe and filled it with superglue, then shot it in the fabric and smoothed it out nicely with a paint roller. If you know someone in car detailing, you might ask them.

get a special adhesive spray - generally available at auto parts stores like pep boys or autozone....heads up is the name of one of them

Get a new headliner

staple gun . had the same problem with my 86 caddy last week

depends on what kind of car? i know duct tape

i don't know. cut it out. or get a new frontier. what are you asking me for?