What is the standard way to behave if you go visit a car dealership? Why is there no food there?

Favorite Answer

Car dealerships are not restaurants. Why do you need food there? Can you not go that long without eating? If so, BRING A SNACK! When you go in, act like you know what you are talking about, know what questions to ask, and get a feel for the cost of the car you are planning on purchasing, so they dont try to rob you, and when they do, call them on it. I am a single female in my 20s and when I went to get a car, all the dealers were telling me that I really did my homework, because when they were trying to take advantage of me, I was able to ask them, or tell them what I wanted as opposed to what they were trying to sell. If you are a woman, take a man with you, you will get treated like you have a brain. Hope this helps.

There's no food there because it's a car dealership... not McDonalds.

You should always be well informed and confident when going to a dealership. If you don't know what you want, what you're willing to spend, and the facts about the car you want... then you're gonna get taken for a ride.

• MK6

If you want 'food', you need to go to a grocery store. Car dealerships have... cars.

But it's alright to behave the same way at the car dealership as you do at the grocery store. -In that way, they're pretty much the same.

There is no food there because it is a car dealership and not a restaurant.

I used to play hide and seek with my brother amongst the cars. I went one place with school which was really huge and had a full blown restaurant with lots of food. I think the standard by definition of the car dealer is to listen to every lie they tell, get taken in and ripped off so they can add you to the notch of sales on their belt.

car dealerships usually have lots of lemons

You might want to act interested in buying a car.

Most have vending machines.

• Moma

I bet if you are going to buy a brand new car and you say you are hungry........someone will go and get you something!