What was said to Zidane to get him so mad to head bunt the Italian player in the World Cup?

Favorite Answer

FOXSports.com's Jamie Trecker reports that French players told French media members that Materazzi used a racial slur which prompted the headbutt.

The strike to the center of Materazzi chest was clearly intentional, and referee Horacio Elizondo of Argentina briefly consulted with his assistants before showing Zidane the 28th red card of the tournament, a World Cup record. The previous record of 22 red cards, set in 1998, was broken before the quarterfinals round began.

He called Zidane A dirty Terrorist.

As the camera panned away from the shot no1 can actually C if he said anything 2 Zidane.

But U can plainly C the Italian-player must of said something.

because he's accepted for having a foul mood and has a heritage of reacting to insults.......he fell into the seize like an fool......each and every of the excuses in the international by the undesirable french received't replace this........Zidane is acquainted with Materazzi from taking section in hostile to him for 5 years in the italian seria A......there is not any excuse the following for Zidane.....there's a time and position for each thing and diverse techniques to settle issues.............regrettably he decide on the very worst way a threat on the worst time.........that is what each and every of the crying is about surely........this is an excuse for dropping..........this is an excuse for being an total lunatic.......many stuff get reported on the pitch........yet very few if any react like Zidane did........he in all likelihood idea because it became in the back of the play he does no longer get stuck.........he ought to of forgot there are linesmen and a fourth reliable observing even as the ref won't be able to ascertain and they have the authority to buzz the ref to inform him of incorrect doing........it has surpassed off formerly and that is what surpassed off in this party........the incident is unlucky and in a large number of techniques will go away a scar on Zidane for a lengthy time period!!

Wait for the truth! Best if both Zidane and the Italian boy get together and set record straight. They are both professional sportsmen. They should be sporting enough after the incident to bring the truth out.

The fans are paying big bucks to watch and support them, not mentioning sponsorships, and 1/3 of the world watching!

It will be a sad case for the 'sporting world' if they chose to lie to save their skins!

The rumors are that it was racist and that he may have said something obscene about Zidane's family... seeing that he his Algerian descendant. I don't condemn fighting, but geez, if it was my last match I would have made sure the Italian dude felt the pain for a very long time!

I heard that Maceranni sweared Zidane's mother.

• tokala

I don't know how to attach a .gif to my answer... that's too bad, I could show you that zidane was actually trying to same the italian player's life !

well, if you know how I can attach it, just tell me...

Materazzi said things about Zidane's mother and he said that he was a terrorist, he called him out on the field.

• Andy

Supposedly the Italian player called him a terrorist (since he is from the Middle East).

Just a little patience and you will know.

Tonight Zidane will explain (and justify?) his actions on live TV.